Located in London's West End, the Palace Theatre was originally built in the late 19th century. The building itself is characterised by its noticeable red-brick structure, and has a capacity of up to 1,400 people. The theatre was called the 'Royal English Opera House' when it first opened, but due to the limitations of only being able to show opera, the Opera House closed when its first production – Ivanhoe – had run its course.
The Theatre became known as the Palace Theatre in 1911, when it became famous for its orchestral compositions along with the 'Palace Girls', who performed a daily song and dance. Since then, the Palace Theatre has been home to guests such as the Marx Brothers and Laurence Olivier, providing the theatre with some exceptional shows.
The Palace Theatre is located at Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 5AY.