The Prince Edward Theatre welcomed its first visitors on April 3, 1930. It functioned as a theatre for the short duration of five years, after which Prince Edward Theatre became a cabaret hall. It was restored to its original purpose after World War II. In 1954, the theatre experienced yet another change in function and it became a cinema. Prince Edward Theatre finally returned to its original concept in 1978.
The theatre has a seat capacity of 1,618. The Prince Edward Theatre is located at Old Compton Street, London, W1D 4HS.